Company Name: Hello Group
Job Category: I SPEAK FLUENT SQL (SQL DEV)
Job Location: Centurion South Africa
Job Reference: SD004
How We Look After You;
– Top of the range coffee machines … Need we say more?
– Medical aid. We’ve got you covered (well 50%).
– Exceptional company culture. Formed by our diverse array of nationalities.
– Immense room for growth. If you have a plan, we will make it happen!
– Daily fruit. Let’s keep the doctor away.
– Concierge. Forgot your lunch or dry-cleaning, we’ll collect it!
– A life coach. Not only a good listener, but an exceptional guidance specialist.
– Perfect locations. We aim to provide the best positioned offices close to most, if not all possible necessities.
Who You Are;
– You are the go-to guy (or gal), the coding genius. AKA the alpha, a born leader that completed the hard slog in earning your status in the pack;
– Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent
– Two (2) to six (6) years’ development experience (required)
– Microsoft Business Intelligence development with SSIS and SSRS (required).
Your Special Skills Include;
– MS SQL
What You Will Do Here;
– Create program design from specifications
– Build code and amend as per program specification and agreed standards and tools, to achieve optimal results
– Plan, design and conduct tests; de-bugging and correcting errors to achieve an error-free results / optimum functionality
– Guidance and assist colleagues through the development lifecycle including program design, creation, testing and documentation
– Review and evaluate programming methodology and tools used
– Provide advice and coaching in some or all aspects of the standards used in the organization
– Create and maintain technical documentation for applications that enable the team to monitor, fix, improve and manage all applications to an agreed standard
– Manage and own the lifecycle of tasks assigned and to apply corrective action while keeping the business updated with progress
– Organise, implement, document and enhance IS support procedures
– Contribute towards a continuous service improvement plan based upon trend analysis of past incidents, risk reviews with priorities agreed with the business
– Partake in the development of relevant applications
– Contribute towards the Change Management process including creating Change Request and Handover documentation as well as reviewing/approving scheduled Changes, whilst advising the business on the impact and mitigation or risk associated to changes
– To manage the communication of major support issues to the relevant stakeholders
– Provide 1st and 2nd line support for selected applications, managing, documenting and escalating incidents to the correct groups
– Prepare unit test cases Conduct unit test and fixing of the detected errors.