Senior Software Engineer
Company Name: Hello Group
Job Category: I Am Fully Fluent (Full Stack Dev)
Job Location: Centurion South Africa
Job Reference: SSE001
Who We Are;
- Hello Mobile (www.hellomobile.co.za)
- Hello Paisa (www.hellopaisa.co.za)
- Q.MART (www.qmart.co.za)
- Snode (www.snode.com)
- Armorhead (www.armorhead.co.za)
- Hello Store (www.hellostore.co.za)
How We Look After You;
- Top of the range coffee machines J … Need we say more?
- Medical aid. We’ve got you covered (well 50%).
- Exceptional company culture. Formed by our diverse array of nationalities.
- Immense room for growth. If you have a plan, we will make it happen!
- Daily fruit. Let’s keep the doctor away.
- Concierge. Forgot your lunch or dry-cleaning, we’ll collect it!
- A life coach. Not only a good listener, but an exceptional guidance specialist.
- Perfect locations. We aim to provide the best positioned offices close to most, if not all possible necessities.
Who You Are;
- You are the go-to guy (or gal), the coding genius. AKA the alpha, a born leader that completed the hard slog in earning your status in the pack;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant from an accredited institute
- Big Data/ No-SQL certification or diploma at accredited institute
Your Special Skills Include;
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Ability to develop software in selected languages (software engineering)
- Experience with data analytics and visualisation tools
- Proven work experience in Big Data and Data Sciences
- Machine Learning, Cognitive Computing and Artificial Intelligence
- Multivariable Analysis (including Calculus, Linear Algebra, etc.)
- Data mining
- Data visualization and communication
- Knowledge of databases
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Familiarity with the Agile software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with version control concepts
- Experience working on JIRA (advantageous).
- Advantageous technologies:
What You Will Do Here;
A Snode Engineer is someone who makes value out of data. Such a person proactively ingests information from various sources and analyses it for better understanding about how business/technology/people behave, and build applications that automate processes within this real-time ecosystem. There are many definitions of this job, and it is sometimes mixed with the Big Data Engineer occupation.
A Data Scientist or Engineer may be scientist, software engineer, and hacker, which is why the definition of the job becomes convoluted. The actual ratios vary depending on the skills required and type of job. Usually, it’s considered normal to bring people with different sets of skills into the Snode engineering team.
Snode engineering duties typically include creating various Machine Learning-based tools or processes within the company, such as anomaly detection engines or automated pattern recognition systems. People within this role should also be able to perform statistical analysis.
- Select features, build and optimise classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extend company’s data with third party sources when required
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Process, cleanse and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to present results in a clear manner
- Create automated anomaly detection systems including constantly tracking the performance.
- Data-oriented problem solving ability
- Compliance to the SNODE development standards
- Ability to extend beyond core development language
- Research new technologies/tools/languages/frameworks
- Learn and implement new concepts
- Knowledge sharing amongst peers
- Partake in daily stand-up meetings
- Identify areas of improvement for Junior Developers
- Manage, guide and coach Junior Developers.