Senior Data Scientist
Company Name: Hello Group
Job Category: The Oracle (Business Intelligence)
Job Location: Centurion South Africa
Job Reference: BI001
Hello Group Breakdown:
– Hello Mobile www.hellomobile.co.za
– Q.MART www.qmart.co.za
– Hello Paisa www.hellopaisa.co.za
– Armorhead www.armorhead.co.za
– Hello Store www.hellostore.co.za
– Snode Tech www.snode.com
How We Look After You;
– Medical aid. We’ve got you covered (well 50%).
– Exceptional company culture. Formed by our diverse array of nationalities.
– Immense room for growth. If you have a plan, we will make it happen!
– Top of the range coffee machines … Need we say more?
– Daily fruit. Let’s keep the doctor away.
– Concierge. Forgot your lunch or dry-cleaning, we’ll collect it!
– A life coach. Not only a good listener, but an exceptional guidance specialist.
– Perfect locations. We aim to provide the best positioned offices close to most, if not all possible necessities.
Who You Are;
– You have a keen eye for detail, analytically inclined and have complete the hard slog in earning your stripes:
– Bachelor’s degree or certificate in Information Systems, Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics or relevant
– Minimum six (6) years’ Business Intelligence experience, including the development of dashboards
– Experience leading a team
– In-depth knowledge of the industry and multiple business functional areas.
Your Special Skills Include;
– B.I. Tools (Rapid Miner)
– Transact SQL (Minimum 4 years)
– Qlikview (Minimum 5 years)
– Statistical applications such as Python (Minimum 2 years – Advantageous)
– Data Modelling
– Microsoft Excel (Advanced user)
– Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
What You Will Do Here;
– Directing, organising, and leading B.I. work stream projects in the implementation and use of new B.I. software tools and systems
– Working on highly complex, cross functional, and enterprise IT and business intelligence solutions
– Providing subject matter expertise for key B.I. core functions
– Participating in work stream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of B.I. solutions
– Developing work plans or reviews other work plan timelines and manages workflows to meet timeframes
– Participating in project management estimation process
– Managing and plans for service demand forecasts
– Conducting analyses of functional business processes and functional requirements and participates in the development
– Evaluating internal and external customers’ needs and abilities to provide appropriate solutions
– Providing input to business requirements for the design of solutions
– Identifying and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the enterprise
– wide B.I. systems
– Advising executives on how B.I. (processes, practices and technologies) play a critical role in improving business management and optimization
– Exploring the data and discovers patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies and trends.
– Designing institute-wide “views” and custom reports
– Performing analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms
– Researching business problems and creates models that help analyse these business problems
– Developing best practices for report deployments
– Leading or providing direction for the planning, designing, and execution of user testing efforts.
– Overseeing the implementation (i.e., testing, issues resolution) of new systems or modifications
– Analysing testing results to ensure the solution meets the needs of the business
– Providing support to test teams
– Recommending quality metrics and ensures quality metrics are documented and tracked
– Creating data quality tickets as required
– Researching best practices
– Approving selection of tools, frameworks and mechanisms for data analytics
– Aligning B.I. technologies with strategic initiatives
– Staying abreast of B.I. products/tools and of business strategies and direction
– Designing and delivering end-user training and training materials
– Training users, including executives, to transform data into action-oriented information and to use that information correctly
– Providing guidance, training, and problem solving assistance to other team members.