Company Name: Hello Group
Job Category: We Keep The Data Flowing and The Network Growing (IT)
Job Location: Centurion South Africa
Job Reference: LA001
Who You Are;
– You have a thing for puzzles and is well-known as the Solution Master. You also completed the hard slog in earning your title;
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant from an accredited institute (preferred)
– A+, N+ certification (required)
– Linux administration courses (beneficial)
– Ability and willingness to work after-hours, over weekends and to travel as required
– Minimum of five (5) years experience as Linux Administrator.
Beneficial to have knowledge of and exposure to:
– Security applications
– RADIUS Servers
– Deployment management tools (Puppet / Cheff)
– VMWare Infrastructure
– Management skills.
Your Special Skills Are;
– Linux Operating Systems Setup And Management Of MySQL
– Exposure To LAMP Environment, Troubleshooting Of Problems, Architecture And IT Infrastructure
– Knowledge On Bash Scripting.
What You Will Do Here;
– Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure
– Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
– Develop and maintain configuration management solutions
– Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure
– Be efficient enough to manage all internet applications inclusive to LAMP environment
– Taking frequent back up of data, create new storage procedures and scheduled back up
– Testing of the backups taken
– Communicating with the staff, vendors and customers in a courteous, professional manner at all times
– As a Senior Linux Administrator, you should be able to support and train other server administrators in the organisation
– Responsible for installing the necessary procedures and security tools
– Upgrade the softwares installed on to the servers
– Ability to work with Linux-friendly applications and able to troubleshoot it when issue arises from the server
– Password and identity management
– Setup and maintain software such as:
– Automation software such as puppet, chef, etc
– Cloud infrastructure such as VMWare, Openstack, etc
– Designing best practices for back ups, and whole infrastructure
– Documenting Policies and Procedures for managing and maintaining Linux environment.
– Ability to extend beyond managing Linux infrastructure including the research of new technologies & tools
– Mentor, skillstransfer and knowledge sharing amongst peers
– Drive and imitate daily stand-up meetings
– Build and manage a team (longterm goal).
How We Look After You;
– Medical aid. We’ve got you covered at a 50% company contribution.
– Exceptional company culture. Formed by our diverse array of nationalities.
– Immense room for growth. If you have a plan, we will make it happen!
– Top of the range coffee machines… Need we say more?
– Daily fruit. Let’s keep the doctor away.
– Concierge. Forgot your lunch or dry-cleaning, we’ll collect it!
– A life coach. Not only a good listener, but an exceptional guidance specialist.
– Perfect locations. Our Head Office is just off the highway in Centurion as we aim to provide the best positioned offices close to all ammenities.