Knowledge Management Administrator
Company Name: Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr
Job Category: Support
Job Location: Johannesburg South Africa
Job Reference: KMAdmin-JHB-Jan2018
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Devising and Maintaining Systems
- Implementing new and improving current procedures and administrative systems, including diary system, management of classroom-based and online training;
- Database management
- capturing and regularly updating information on the various record management systems
- aligning with, developing further and maintaining the team’s e filing system
- Updating the deliverables of the respective team members on project management software
- Maintaining the team’s filing system on FileSite (iManage).
- Liaising with the finance team in respect of payments for external training sessions, conferences, subscriptions etc.
- Training, Workshops and Seminars
- Managing all training related administration including but not limited to:
- Preparing and updating training manuals
- Sending invitations and creating attendance registers
- Logistical arrangements such as venue, catering, delegate and presenter travel arrangements
- Ensuring that staff at the firm are kept informed of the training opportunities available
- Project Managing the preparation for Professional Legal Training (PLT) for Candidate Attorneys and the Practice Management Training (PMT) for new Directors, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with the development of the respective program timetables
- Preparing and updating training manuals and presentations
- Sending PLT and PMT invitations and creating attendance registers
- Logistical arrangements such as venue, catering, ordering of material, delegate and presenter travel arrangements
- Introducing presenters and monitoring delegate attendance
- Managing the registration of Candidate Attorneys for the Board Exams and ensuring that in all respects the PLT course meets the requirements of the Legal Education and Development (LEAD)
- Communicating with LEAD in regard to both the PLT and PMT programmes
- Preparation of Reports, Training Material and Documents
- Compiling basic training material in consultation with the Knowledge Management team
- Compiling non-standard correspondence as required
- Compiling presentations from information and guidelines provided by the Knowledge Management team using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Smartsheet, FileSite (iManage) and AJS
- Compiling various learning and development related report
- Skills Development and SETA related activities
- Managing record keeping processes and maintaining record systems as per the SETA requirements
- Assisting with the preparation of the Annual Training Report (ATR) and Workplace Skills Plan (WSP)
- Assisting with the Skills Development pillar of BEE Reporting
- Providing a confidential support service to the KM team on any department related matters.
- Managing the team accounts, debtor and creditor management processes and systems.
- Carrying out background research, analysing information and presenting findings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert level proficiency in at least MS word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with MS Visio and MS Access, Adobe Pro will be beneficial.
- Ability to quickly master the CDH systems and procedures (AJS, FileSite (iManage), House Style etc.).
- Excellent typing skills (accuracy and speed)
- An exceptional orientation to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Good telephone and email etiquette
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Prioritising and organising skills
- Ability to follow complex instructions and/or guidelines as appropriate in the performance of support activities.
- Tenacity and high stress tolerance