Junior Treasury & Revenue Accountant
Company Name: Hello Group
Job Category: We Got Our Mind On Our Money and Our Money On Our Mind (Finance)
Job Location: Centurion South Africa
Job Reference: TRA01
The Treasury & Revenue Accountant will be responsible for a wide range duties to ensure the smooth operations and performance of the finance department and ultimately remove the administrative burden from staff.
- B. Com degree in Accounting, Financial Management or related (required)
- Registration as a full member at recognised accounting body (advantageous)
- Completed articles (advantageous).
- Minimum 2 (two) years working experience in accounting / finance
- Experience in foreign exchange transactions
- Exposure to trial balance accounting, reconciliation of accounting information such as banks, creditors and control accounts
- Experience in SAP B1 or similar ERP system.
Skills & Personality Traits
- Ability to perform in a pressurised and high paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Good time-management and prioritisation skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
– Responsible for maintaining the exchange rate tables on SAP daily and ensuring correct rates for foreign transactions are applied on all transactions to ensure accurate reporting
– Responsible for translating all balances that are dominated in foreign currency to spot rate at month-end as required by IFRS
– Ensure that all source documents such as monthly internal use reports, recons, scratch card reports and collections reports are filled and available for review
– Accurate processing of journals relating to revenue and treasury processes and ensuring that they are documented in the company journal register and backed with references to filed supporting documentation before management accounts are prepared
– Responsible for preparing and distributing daily profit and loss report to all stakeholders in the prescribed company format and ensure that any significant variations can be explained to users
– Responsible for preparing and discussing the weekly reconciliation pack with the financial accountant
– Responsible for preparing various reports such as:
– Daily trade reporting
– Weekly queries reporting
– Month-end pack compilation
– Weekly cash balance reporting
– Implementation and maintanance of proper filing and reference systems and system-documentation to ensure that supporting documentation can be easily obtained by anyone not previously involved in the processing of the accounting records
– Responsible for automating one manual process performed by team every quarter
– Responsible for ensuring that queries from customer support, production support or debtors are attended to
– Responsible for ensuring that computer generated reports are accurate by reviewing and reporting on test transactions
– Responsible for monitoring the queries from the customer care team and need to ensure that all queries are attended to in promptly manner
– Ad Hoc duties as required.