Intermediate Php Developer
Company Name: Hello Group
Job Category: I Speak Fluent PHP (PHP Dev)
Job Location: Centurion South Africa
Job Reference: PD001
How We Look After You;
– Top of the range coffee machines … Need we say more?
– Medical aid. We’ve got you covered (well 50%).
– Exceptional company culture. Formed by our diverse array of nationalities.
– Immense room for growth. If you have a plan, we will make it happen!
– Daily fruit. Let’s keep the doctor away.
– Concierge. Forgot your lunch or dry-cleaning, we’ll collect it!
– A life coach. Not only a good listener, but an exceptional guidance specialist.
– Perfect locations. We aim to provide the best positioned offices close to most, if not all possible necessities.
Who You Are;
– You are the go-to guy (or gal), the coding genius. AKA the alpha, a born leader that completed the hard slog in earning your status in the pack;
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant from an accredited institute
– Minimum of three (3) years software development experience.
Your Special Skills Include;
– Ability to develop software in PHP or other selected languages
– Solid knowledge of relational databases (Sql/MySql)
– Ability to document requirements and specifications
– Defining and implementing coding standards
– Strong understanding of the Agile software development lifecycle
– Familiarity with version control concepts
– Experience working on JIRA (advantageous)
– Experience in managing and mentoring development teams including the review and deployment of code.
What You Will Do Here;
– Leading an Agile team to design, develop, test, review, deploy and maintain mobile, web and desktop-based business applications. Support all aspects of the scrum team
– Design, develop and unit test applications in accordance with Hello Group Standards
– Package and support deployment of releases
– Working with teammates in the migration/enhancements of older applications
– Analysing, resolving and guiding the team on technical and application problems
– Adhering to high quality development principles, while delivering solutions on time, with low rate of production defects
– Report any obstacles to relevant persons timeously
– Assisting in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories and estimates thereof
– Estimate and define Story Points for development tasks within the team
– Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
– Participating in peer reviews of solution designs and related code
– Logging and updating of JIRA requests on a daily basis
– Committing of code to Bitbucket on a daily basis
– Develop applications, including an understanding of API Platform services and Cloud-based services, including Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
– Support business with escalated queries
– Developers may be requested to be on call after hours.
– Work within the development and business teams on the UI/UX impacts of the new architecture and the new user experience
– Ensure that deployed software is scale-able and reliable thus limiting future design requirements
– Conforming to architectural and development standards for all software designs
– Ensure the design caters for all business and technical requirements
– The outcome to measure success will be on seamless and bug-free roll out on projects.
– Ability to extend beyond core development language including the research of new technologies, tools, languages and frameworks
– Mentoring, skills transferring and knowledge sharing amongst peers
– Drive and imitate daily stand-up meetings
– Ad Hoc as required.