Full Stack / Blockchain Developer
Company Name: Hello Group
Job Category: I Am Fully Fluent (Full Stack Dev)
Job Location: London United Kingdom
Job Reference: UK001
About our Businesses
We operate a mobile payment network across Africa and Asia. The platform connects millions of people in developing countries to facilitate low cost mobile payments. Through local partners we have hundreds of thousands of pay-in and pay-out points. 70 software developers spread across three offices in South Africa, Mauritius and India keep us on the bleeding edge of mobile payments technology.
– You will work alongside the founders of the Hello Group (www.hellogroup.co.za) and bedlaminc.com to architect and build a cryptocurrency wallet and exchange system. You will take part in discussions over architecture, make decisions on the direction of development and bring your own experience and skills to work on solving many interesting and complicated problems.
– You need to be comfortable working solo or as part of a group when developing projects and services. You must be proactive and happy to get your hands dirty when needed, but always obsessed with quality to ensure that the work you produce is to the highest standards. You will mentor and guide other team members, accept that you may not always be right in everything you do, and be receptive to constructive criticism from others.
– Last but not least, you need to be enthusiastic and motivated, with a keen interest in technology, and keeping up with the latest trends and design patterns.
Skills and Experience
Some things that will help you get through the door to come and chat to us:
• BSc/MSc in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent working experience.
• Blockchain and Open Source development experience.
• SQL Skills – PostgreSQL and MySQL.
• Financial system development.
• Version control systems such as Git/BitBucket.
• Solid Linux experience.
• Hands on experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
• Experience with Hibernate/Spring ORM and frameworks such as Spring/Spring Boot.
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communications skills and the ability to work well with others.
• A solid foundation in computer science in areas such as algorithms, data structures, microservices and software design.
• Basic understanding of security concepts which are fundamental to building secure software.
• A passion for cryptography, security and BitcoinA few things that will make us smile when read your CV.
• Ability to be hands on and can work any level of the stack – from financial application development, web development and infrastructure/back-end services development.
• Front-end experience, including HTML/CSS, jQuery, Angular, React.
• Knowledge of In-memory data stores and messaging frameworks such as Redis, Apache ActiveMQ and RabbitMQ• Basic monitoring and analytics with the ELK stack.
• Design Patterns.
• Experience in the full software life-cycle.
• Hands-on experience in mobile app development technologies.