Company Name: Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr
Job Category: Support
Job Location: Johannesburg South Africa
Job Reference: LSecretary-JHB-2017
Qualifications and Experience
- Matric/Grade 12
- A secretarial/administrative diploma or equivalent would be advantageous
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar environment
- Should be proficient in Filesite, AJS & MS Office.
Tasks and Responsibilities: Include but are not limited to:
General administration and correspondence
- Receives and screens telephone calls and resolves basic queries.
- Schedules and arranges conferences and meetings (ensure that the fee-earners calendars are updated accordingly) for a number of professionals.
- Arranges travel for team including scheduling transportation and making hotel reservations. Maintains the team’s filing system(opening, closing and arching of files)
- Complete FICA documentation when opening files and ensure documents are handed to the FICA office.
- Attends to personal correspondence for a number of professionals
Preparation of agreements and other legal documents
- Takes or transcribes legal dictation, minutes of meetings, and taped records of meetings and discussions, in accordance with the Firm’s house style.
- Proofreads and corrects prepared materials for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, format and syntax.
- Is able to compile non-standard correspondence as required.
- Composes routine letters and memoranda and prepares reports using knowledge of work area instructions and guidelines.
- Attaches incoming correspondence to case file and related materials needed for action.
- Prepares presentations from information and guidelines provided by the fee-earner.
- Maintains calendars for assigned Fee Earner(s) to ensure no scheduling conflicts and to inform of court imposed deadlines.
- Produces legal documents such as pleadings, briefs, opinions, complaints, administrative decisions, orders and subpoenas from verbal or written instructions, dictation, rough draft, or other materials which may be difficult to interpret and/or format.
- Reviews legal documents to ensure they are in proper format and contain all necessary portions or related documents for court acceptance.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Proficiency with MS Office package including MS Power point, MS excel and the CDH Systems and procedures(AJS, File site, House Style etc.) at an intermediate level
- Excellent typing skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Good telephone and email etiquette
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Prioritising and organising skills
- Knowledge of court rules and procedures
- Ability to follow complex instructions and/or guidelines as appropriate in the performance of support activities
- Stress Management and ability to work under pressure
Should you be interested in the above stated position, kindly apply online.